The event will take place in Benicàssim, a renowned tourist centre at a short distance from Castellón and Jaume I University. Students will be hosted in hotel Intur Azor and classel will take place in the nearby hotel Intur Bonaire.
Practical laboratory sessions will be held entirely in the Campus of Jaume-I University.
In this Map you can find the most important places
How to arrive
During the Summer a detailed agenda will be announced here
A piece of advice
We advise you to leave as early as possible in the morning from the place of origin so that you can get a good train connection from a Spanish airport to Castelló. Try to arrive in Castelló at a reasonable time of the day so that you can still find some help and information.
To Castellón by plane and by train
Nearest airports: Valencia (65 km), Barcelona (285 km), Alicante (231 km) and Madrid (415 km). From these places, the best means of transport are the following:
Airport to train station:
- Underground: since September 2007 there is a Metro line in service.
- Aerobus: there is a bus shuttle every 20 minutes (2.5 €).
- By taxi: it costs 20 euros and it takes approximately 20 minutes.
Train: There are trains called Cercanías to Castelló from Valencia’s city centre’s train station every half an hour on working days and every hour on Sundays. (4 €).
Airport to train station: take the train to Sants Station, in the centre of Barcelona (2 €).
- Train: From there take a train to Castelló. You can use three different kinds of trains: regional trains, long-distance trains (Intercity) and high-speed trains (Euromed). The train ticket costs between 32 and 60 €. It takes two to three hours and a half to get to Castelló.
- Bus: from Sants train and bus station there are also buses going to Castelló with the company ALSA. The price is approx. 20 €, but the journey is long and there are few services. Only recommended if you cannot find any trains on the day of your arrival.
Airport to Train station: take the underground from Terminal 1 or Terminal 4 to Atocha train station (1.20 €).
- Train: There are two direct trains to Castelló. They take 4 hours and 15 min. (46 €). There are more frequent trains to Valencia (38,50 €), and from there you can take a Cercanías train to Castelló. The whole trip will take you approx. 5 hours.
- Bus: the company Auto Res operates several services to Castelló every day. The journey lasts 5 hours (25€). The bus station in Madrid is in Plaza conde de Casal, metro station of the same name in line 6.
Airport to train station: There is a bus shuttle (1€) to the train station.
- Train: There are frequent trains and the duration is less than 3 hours (31€).
- Bus: With the company ALSA (18€). Duration: 4 hours.
If you want to plan your travel on your own and check timetables, you can visit the following websites:
Some important telephone numbers are: RENFE (trains) bookings and information: 902 240 202 and for international information: 902 243 402.
The Castelló bus station is located next to the train station and its telephone number is: 964 240 778. In Valencia, the bus station is in Avda. Menéndez Pidal, 13: 963 466 266; in Alicante is in Calle Portugal, 17: 965 130 700. In Barcelona, you can find the bus station in Calle Alí Bei, 80, phone no. 902 260 606 (firstname.lastname@example.org) and in Madrid in Calle Méndez Álvaro, 83, phone no. 914 684 200.
From Castellón to Benicàssim - Hotel Intur Bonaire
Benicássim is about 15 km from Castellón. The best means of transport are the following
- Car: Map
- Taxi: Estimated price: 12 Euros. +34 964 237 474 / +34 964 227 474
- Bus: Bus Stop near Plaza Fadrell
Benicàssim also have railway station but it is not advisable because it is in the outside the city and there are no taxis
To Benicassim - Hotel Intur Bonaire by car
- By the AP-7 motorway heading South
If you are driving the AP-7 motorway (Autopista del Mediterrani, also E-15) heading South, you can take exit 46 (Castelló nord). You must then take the N-340 towards Tarragona/Benicàssim.
- By the AP-7 motorway heading North
If you are driving the AP-7 motorway (Autopista del Mediterrani, also E-15) heading North, you can take exit 45 (Oropesa - Benicàssim). Continue by N-340 towards Benicàssim
Train timetable (www.renfe.es)
- Suburban Train: Valencia-Castelló (+34 96 352 02 02): journey 50-65 min.
Working days, each 30 min.; Holiday, each 60 min.
- Alaris (+34 91 328 90 20): Madrid-Castelló, 3 trains per day, journey 4:30 h.;
Madrid-Valencia, 6 trains per day, journey 4:00 h.
- Barcelona-Castelló (+34 93 490 02 02): Euromed, journey 2h., 5 trains per day;